About this job
Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of QC Level 2 Inspector - Data Books x2 for the power Programme, based at the Kusile Site reporting to the QC Manager. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- 5 years Quality Control inspector experience.
- Two years satisfactory experience in fabrication / construction of power, petrochemical, mining, or process plant.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Well conversed in interpretation of isometric drawings
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- SAIW Level 2 Welding & Fabrication Inspector.
- Any material handling or logistics qualification shall be advantageous
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Quality Controller Inspector will carry out fabrication inspections, and quality activities associated with the installation
of boiler, tanks, piping, structural steel and associated platforms.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE’S RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
key performance indIcators:
- To conduct project surveillance inspections as required.
- Report and record inspection audits accurately and objectively, and when required, to designated authorities.
- Knowledge of all procedures, processes, requirements and acceptable standards.
- Provide technical input when and where required.
key responsibilities :
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Liaise with Work File Manager,NDE Coordinators, Welding Department, QC Coordinator, QC Inspectors and Construction teams
- Ensure Work Files are tracked and maintained during the issue and return stages
- Ensure timeous issuance of Work files upon request
- Ensure Work Files are checked for correctness and completeness once returned from the field
- Ensure Work File status tracking registers are current and updated
- Resolve issues arising
- Assist in the Final Data Book compilation
- Self motivation
- Computer literacy skills
- Effective interaction abilities
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Accuracy and methodical work ethics
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and
- Focus on detail and procedures