About this job
Experience and Competencies
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a graphic artist/creative visualiser in design/advertising / retail print industry
- Fluency in current graphic design practices and software, such as (CS6 – CC)
Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator etc.
DTP Mac operator / competencies
The Designer is required to also have some level of finished art competencies:
- Strong production skills including knowledge and ability to provide solutions within the constraints of print and digital.
- Understanding of and experience in corporate identity management and branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
The graphic designer has a proven ability to:
- Use conceptual and analytical skills to interpret verbal or written briefs and make excellent production decisions
- Develop visualisation material based on a broad view of an issue, challenge or brief
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in writing, to a wide range of internal and external clients
- Work flexibly with both internal and external clients by being approachable, listening carefully, informing fully and being patient (teamwork is important)
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients by being committed to their needs
- Manage projects with composure
- Meet deadlines and take responsibility for the quality and timelines of agreed deliverables
- Basic Marketing Management knowledge and Leadership skills are advantageous
The graphic designer will:
- Use design concepts (derived from briefs) to produce sample design layouts that meet the clients requirements as specified in the brief
- Prepare digital files suitable for proofing and printing, check preliminary and final proofs for errors and make necessary corrections
- Edit graphics and photos using editing software
- Create and / or convert various types of files for printing or for other media using computer software
- Ensure that all material is appropriately archived and is easily retrievable
- Implement projects from concept through to completion by planning effectively.
- Ensure a quality end product that achieves the desired message as well as meeting all the technical specifications is delivered
- Stay up to date with software and tools to continuously improve the quality of outputs.
- Be able to work across print and digital platforms
- Assist and support the creative head
2) Work as a member of the creative team
The graphic designer will:
- Assist the Creative Head to enhance the reputation of the studio by working constructively, consistently and with creative flair
- Work in collaboration with the Creative Head, traffic manager, production manager, designers and clients to ensure that the requirements of the brief are met in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for the quality of their own output by consulting as and when required
- Work with the traffic manager and internal and external suppliers to ensure that projects are managed to deadlines and budgets
- Work with the design team, brand team, and copywriters to develop concepts ready for client presentation
This position reports to: Creative Head Apply before Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.