About this job
Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of HP Piping Superintendent for Kusile Site reporting to the Construction Manager. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- The appointed candidate must have at least 15 years’ experience in the Boiler erection field. Another advantage would be to have previous experience of HP pipe work erection on power stations.
- Must be able read erection/construction drawings fluently.
- Must be quality conscious and must have a good understanding of QIPs and quality procedures.
- A good knowledge of scheduling is essential this includes understanding CPM methods.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- A recognized trade in the pipe fitting field, with N3 or equivalent NQF level.
- Supervisory management diploma from a reputable institute would be an advantage
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To oversee and be responsible for all erection activities on the HP section on the project.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The KPIs of this position are aligned to five performance dimensions to ensure the effective delivery of support activities for the HP Piping functional area: financial, operational and technical results; leadership and transformational results; partnership and relationship results; management results; and risk results. These KPIs are expressed in the related responsibilities listed below:-
- Oversee and be responsible for all erection activities on the HP Section on the Kusile project.
- Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved.
- This included updating construction schedules and assisting with drawing up of construction schedules.
- Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
- Assist the Senior Construction Manager in running the site in a safe manner and within budget and on time.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and lead a team.
- Must report all deviations from the scope of work timeously in writing to the Senior Construction Manager.
- Team player
- Be proactive
- Have sound judgment
- Logical, accurate and precise
- Honest and open personality
- Be willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Labour, Industrial and Human Relations
Please note that:
1. The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
2. Murray & Roberts Projects reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
3. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
4. If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
5. Please note that the suitable candidate must be willing to be re-assigned to the Medupi Power Project in Lephalale , Limpopo, if operational requirements should deem it necessary.
Please keep the below information in mind when applying for employment at Murray & Roberts:
• Murray & Roberts never recruits ‘door-to-door’
• We will never ask for any cash payment, for any reason, in order to secure employment
• All our positions are advertised on the Group’s Careers Portal or in official newspaper advertisements
Please contact Tip-Offs Anonymous or Murray & Roberts Client Service for assistance if you suspect fraudulent recruitment practices:
Murray & Roberts Client Service
Tel: 011 456 1144
Tel: +27 800 00 32 46 (Toll Free)