About this job
Barloworld was founded in South Africa in 1902 as a distributor of top global brands.
The companies main business lies in Equipment and Handling, as well as Automotive and Logistics. Today Barloworld are operating in 24 countries across the globe.
The Barloworld Education Trust initiated the bursary scheme to help students fund their tertiary studies, in fields related to the core business of Barloworld – Engineering, IT and Sales/ Marketing.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries are awarded within the following fields of study:
- IT/ Computer Sciences (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Mining Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, examination fees, tuition, prescribed textbooks. Accommodation costs may also be covered in certain circumstances.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Studying at a recognised University/ University of Technology in SA,
- Passed all courses/ subjects in the June-July exams (in the current year of study),
- From a previously disadvantaged background,
- Black student (Coloured, Indian, Chinese or African).
HOW TO APPLY
Students who meet the minimum eligibility criteria, can apply in writing to:
The Barloworld Education Trust
PO Box 782248
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- A covering letter (we have drafted the Barloworld Bursary Letter Example which students can download and edit, otherwise please feel free to write your own cover letter if you wish),
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Full academic record/ transcript (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Curriculum Vitae.
31 July annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 445 1155 / 1600
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]