About this job
Senior Secretary in Armscor Building, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria, 26 May 2017.
- Provide secretarial and clerical support, record appointments and events and manage the dairy.
- Receive telephone calls and refer to the correct role players.
- Provide secretarial functions in board meetings.
- Write/compile agendas, memos, letters and reports.
- Deal with classified files and documents.
- Arrange meetings, events and process travel and subsistence claims.
- Process all invoices that emanate from the activities of work of the Chief Director/Director.
- Liaise with travel agencies to make travel arrangements.
- Check arrangements when relevant documents are received.
- Prepare briefing and notes as required.
- Maintain an effective filing system and manage routine documents for the directorate.
- Collect, control and return files routed to members within the division.
- Maintain a registry/control system for incoming and outgoing documents and post.
- Track documents if required by means of a register.
- Keep the relevant address list(s) up to date.
- Manage and control the internet/intranet and fax facilities as well as receipt/transmission of documents via these mediums.
- Download data from the internet, register and distribute in the directorate.
- Ordering and purchase stationery.
- Collect and compile all relevant documentation necessary to prepare for a meeting.
- Coordinate logistical arrangements for meetings when required.
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for visitors visiting the office.
- Keep updated with policy and procedures.
- Manage and reconcile telephone accounts monthly.
- Remain abreast with the procedures and processes that apply in the office.
- Provide support to the Chief Director/Director regarding meetings, scrutinise documents to determine actions/information/other documents required for meetings.
- Record all minutes/decisions and communicate to relevant role players and make follow ups on progress.
- Prepare briefing notes for the Chief Director/Director as required.
- A minimum of Grade 12 (NQF Level 4).
- Experience in rendering a support service to senior management will be an advantage.
- Applicants with prior learning, either by means of experience or alternative courses may apply.
Special requirements (skills needed):
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to communication effectively (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of all required policies and procedures.
- Analytical and innovative thinking ability as well as problem 8 solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- Outcome driven, focus on service delivery.
- Good people skills.
- Sound organisational skills and high level of reliability.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Self-management and motivation.
- Must be able to obtain a confidential security clearance within a year
*How to Apply:
Department of Defence, Directorate Labour & Service Relations, Private Bag X161, Pretoria or may be hand-delivered to the Department of Defence, Armscor Building, Corner Nossob and Boeing Streets, Erasmuskloof, Pretoria.
Ms M.A. Smith
Tel no: (012) 355 5571
26 May 2017
(Applications received after the closing date and faxed copies will not be considered).