About this job
Handyman (Electrical/Air Conditioning) in Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, Rondebosch, 01 September 2017.
Key result areas/outputs:
- Perform electrical, mechanical and general maintenance of plant, equipment and buildings (including after-hour repairs).
- Assist Artisans with repairs and installation projects.
- Complete and return repair requisitions, assist in ordering and controlling the workshop, materials and tools.
- Maintain plant rooms, plant, equipment and work areas in a clean and safe condition.
- Clean restrooms, ablutions and change area for engineering staff.
Basic numeracy and literacy.
Appropriate experience and knowledge of electrical, air conditioning, refrigeration installations, lighting, mechanical, electrical plant and equipment, buildings, and the associated maintenance procedures.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence and own reliable transport.
- Ability to work on ladders and multi-storied buildings.
- Willingness to work overtime and do standby duties.
- Ability to work independently, with good organisational as well as team skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of Western Cape.
- Ability to plan ahead (pro-active), work independently, as well as in a team and it would be required for the officer to learn and comply with in-house systems and procedures.
- Strict adherence to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to a competency test.
- No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post
*How to Apply:
The Chief Executive Officer: Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital, Private Bag X5, Rondebosch, 7701.
FOR ATTENTION : Mr P Petersen
Mr D Brindley
Tel no: (021) 658-5124