Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Construction Manager - Nightshift for Kusile Site reporting to the Senior Construction Manager. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
• The appointed candid must have at least 15 to 20 years’ experience in the Boiler erection field. Another advantage would be to have previous experience in this type of position on a similar project.
• Must have a good understanding of scheduling and a good understanding of the CMP Methods.
• A good all round understanding of the various erection and welding methods employed in the industry in South Africa and abroad.
• Have a good understanding of management requirements.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
• A management diploma or degree from a reputable intuition.
• Have a back ground in the construction engineering field.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Oversee and be responsible for all night shift erection and other activities for MRP at Kusile power station.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• The effective planning, organization, coordination and control of work area
• Assisting with the recruitment and selection of the Construction team.
• Lead and manage the Boiler/Auxiliary Bay production line.
• Daily, weekly and monthly planning.
1. Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved
2. Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
3. Assist the Senior Construction Manager in running the site in a safe manner and within budget and on time.
4. Liaison at night with the client on matters of construction program and safety.
5. Must report all deviations from the scope of work timeously in writing to the Senior Construction Manager.
6. Be in control of the complete nightshift construction work force ensuring activities are carried out in a agreeable fashion thus avoiding industrial action and break down of relations
• Team player
• Be proactive
• Have sound judgment
• Logical, accurate and precise
• Honest and open personality
Please note that:
1. The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
2. Murray & Roberts Projects reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
3. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
4. If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
5. Please note that the suitable candidate must be willing to be re-assigned to the Medupi Power Project in Lephalale , Limpopo, if operational requirements should deem it necessary.