University of Kaposvár
Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Scienses
Description of selection and entrance examination process
The application is submitted to the head of the doctoral school.To this form, the following documents should be attached:
1. scientific CV
2. a document proving the university level education, or the diploma obtained in the master level education (or an official copy of these)
3. certificate of English language skills
4. the dispatch note (check) on the payment of the application fee
5. full list of publications, documents confirming scientific activity
6. a written recommendation of a well-known scientific expert
7. all further documents pertinent to obtaining a higher application scoreApplications are evaluated by the scoring method approved by the University Doctorate and Habilitation Board.
The admission procedure happens in the presence of the admissions board. The final evaluation is formed by the admissions board, as selected by the University Doctorate and Habilitation Board, and the basis of the evaluation is the oral admission examination and the submitted documents.
Short description of the study programme
The PhD students can perform research in the field of biological, genetic, nutritional, management, quality and food safety aspects of animal production, companion, animal breeding, wild animal farming and environmental sciences. The PhD programme in Animal Science involves the following main topics:Research related to food quality and safety, covering the entire vertical chain of animal food production, implementing the from field to consumer” approach. Studying the impact of animal food production on the environment, development of methods for producing animal products in an environmentally friendly way. Research contributing to the improvement of the quality of life, studies related to the breeding and management of companion, hobby and sport animals. The application of cutting-edge technologies in animal science: non-invasive digital imaging for animal science related fields of research, diagnostics and molecular biology.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Animal Science
MSc diploma, B2,TOEFL iBT 66 (or more), IELTS overall band 6.0 (or more), or other internationally accepted language exam
Place of entrance examination
Contact: Ms. Galyna